For more than 140 years the assurance of high-quality concrete construction has been one of our central areas of expertise. Our interdisciplinary teams of experts have many years of extensive experience gained from practical work and research. We offer support to suit your individual requirements and develop complete, integrated solutions. Based on our understanding of the fundamental chemical, mineralogical and technological mechanisms and relationships associated with concrete we can propose, implement and check the effectiveness of appropriate optimisation and development steps.
We can offer assistance with/implementation of the following approvals and verifications including:
- National Technical Approvals (abZ)
- European Technical Approvals (ETA)
- KOMO certification with product certificate in accordance with CUR48
- Expert reports on the alkali-silica reaction in accordance with
- General Circulars on Road Construction (ARS) No. 4/2013 for concrete pavements
- DB Standard 918 143, Annex G for sleepers
- Directive WS 12/5257.6/2 for hydraulic engineering structures
- Alkali Guidelines
- Life cycle assessments
- Environmental product declarations (EPD)
We can guide you through all the stages of an approval procedure. From the application and set-up/execution of the experimental program right through to the test report and, if required, expert assessment. We can clarify the durability of your construction product in specific applications and whether it possesses adequate resistance to alkali-silica reaction (ASR), for instance, or adequate freeze-thaw resistance and freeze-thaw resistance with de-icing salt, as well as resistance to other influences. For construction projects we develop accompanying in-house and third-party monitoring concepts and thus ensure the quality of the raw materials and building materials. Special concrete and mortar mix formulations can be created (e.g. for self-compacting concrete, high-strength concretes etc.). We analyse and diagnose damage on existing structures.