The main areas covered by the analytical services we offer are emission analysis, the determination of environmentally relevant components in absorption solutions from process measurements and in eluates, the determination of environmentally relevant components in raw materials and constituents, as well as the performance of gas liberation studies for VOC, SO2, CO, NH3, Hg. Our interdisciplinary teams of specialised experts have in-depth knowledge and years of experience in the fields of environmental consultation, environmental measurement and environmental analysis. We can compile a tailor-made package from our extensive service portfolio to suit your requirements and covering every aspect of the work involved. Our integrated approach is particularly of benefit in the context of environmental analysis, as the services provided often extend beyond the scope of the actual analytical work. This is the case if the preliminary treatment of (solid) samples or the subsequent evaluation of results is necessary, for instance in the form of expert reports (link to "Environmental expert reports"/ "Environmental consultation"). An important principle in our approach is that measurement/analysis and evaluation are performed independently of one another.
The manufacture and use of construction products should have as little impact as possible on the environment. The wide range of analytical services we offer can help to reliably ensure that this is the case: For example, we regularly perform emission measurements and have the samples taken examined with regard to all the relevant parameters at our high-performance accredited laboratories and associated laboratories. We can also offer you comprehensive consultation on full-scale operational trials for the purpose of optimising plants or emission reduction systems.
- Elemental analysis methods, e.g. AAS, ICP
- Chromatographic analytical methods such as IC, GC, HPLC
- Photometric analytical methods
- Electrochemical analytical methods
- Volumetric analytical methods
- Gas liberation studies to determine VOC, TOC and ammonium-containing components in solids
- Methods to determine sum parameters such as TOC, TIC and total nitrogen
- As an internationally renowned technical and scientific centre of expertise for the cement industry, we have a long history of working on the many different aspects of environmental protection and have acquired extensive experience of performing analytical measurements for the cement industry and associated sectors.
- Our laboratories and accordingly a wide range of testing, measurement and analytical methods have received accreditation from the German Accreditation Body (DAkkS) in accordance with DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025
- Our wide-ranging interdisciplinary knowledge (for example concerning the composition of samples and the presence of interferents) is of particular significance for the examination of environmental samples from the cement and building materials industries
- With our extensive research activities and many years of work on industrial technical committees we help to advance the environmental analysis sector and directly implement new developments in our laboratories.