Research meets practice at VDZ's Cement Chemistry Conference 2021
VDZ's Cement Chemistry Conference took place on March 18, 2021 as a web conference with over 80 participants from Germany and Europe. The Conference, moderated by Dr. Jörg Rickert, was aimed specifically at experts from the cement and concrete industry. It is an important forum and link between community research and the requirements from daily practice.
The 2021 conference focused on the results of current research projects carried out by the VDZ Cement Chemistry Committee and its working groups. The following lectures were held via live webcast with subsequent opportunity for discussion:
- Microscopy on clinker - Interesting case studies
(Dr. Matthias Böhm)
- Treated fine fraction of waste incineration slags as raw material component in cement
(Dr. Volker Hoenig)
- Optimised fly ash cements
(Dr. Natalia Dietrich/ Dr. Matthias Böhm)
- Analysis of dusts in the cement plant
(Dipl.-. Min. Roland Pierkes)
- Analysis of cement type, content and aggregate grading curve on hardened concrete
(Dr. Johannes Pfingsten) and
- Pozzolans from calcined clays as main cement constituents
(Dr. Simone Schulze).
The diverse results and findings from interdisciplinary research have always been incorporated into VDZ's comprehensive range of services, for example in the areas of