Duration, Dates and Costs
Five-day classroom training and practical on-site lessons
Training course 2022: 7 - 10. March 2022
2,500 € per participant
General conditions for seminars apply.
Number of participants (min. - max.)
- 10 – 20
Learning outcomes and outcomes
- The participants learn how to conduct and evaluate cement kiln trials (according to VDZ code of practice “VT 10”) and mill trials.
- Calculate energy and mass-balances at cement kilns according to VDZ procedure (energy and mass-balances: Vt10)
- Plan and conduct kiln trials to gather data for energy and mass balances at cement kilns
- Understand measurement and sampling techniques for kiln trials at basic level
- Conduct examinations to optimize mill operation according to VDZ procedure.
- Production personnel
- Control room operators
- Young engineers
- Basics of conducting balances
- Planning, organisation and realisation of plant examinations
- Introduction into calculation of energy and mass balances
- Introduction into measuring techniques
- Case studies: Calculate an energy balance of a cyclone preheater plant, mass balance of a cyclone preheater
- Effcient mill operation (Ball mill; Roller press; VRM)
- Examinations of cement mills (focus on ball mills)
- Case studies: Ball mill examinations / audits
- Discussion of participants’ specific questions and problems
- Plant visit
- Presentaions, interactive exercises
- Class room training
- Site visit
The training is led by highly skilled and experienced engineers.
VDZ, Duesseldorf, Germany (nearest airport: DUS International)
Upon successful completion of the training course the participants will receive a certificate of attendance.