Learn how to conduct and evaluate cement kiln trials and mill trials. Kiln and mill examinations are carried out in order to gather data on the performance and to validate warranty performance data such as the output, the energy consumption, input/output ratio or the effciency. They also provide a reliable foundation for the optimisation of individual operational system components, the cement quality, the reduction of emissions levels and for assessment of material cycles and coating formations.
Energy Balances and Efficiency
- Basics of conducting balances
- Planning, organisation and realisation of plant examinations
- Introduction into calculation of energy and mass balances
- Introduction into measuring techniques
- Case studies: Calculate an energy balance of a cyclone preheater plant, mass balance of a cyclone preheater
- Effcient mill operation (Ball mill; Roller press; VRM)
- Examinations of cement mills (focus on ball mills)
- Case studies: Ball mill examinations / audits
- Discussion of participants’ specific questions and problems
- Plant visit
- Calculate energy and mass-balances at cement kilns according to VDZ procedure (energy and mass-balances: Vt10)
- Plan and conduct kiln trials to gather data for energy and mass balances at cement kilns)
- Understand measurement and sampling techniques for kiln trials at basic level
- Conduct examinations to optimize mill operation according to VDZ procedure
(Min-max): 10 - 15
- Production personnel
- Control room operators
- Young engineers
Germany (nearest airport: DUS International)
How to find VDZ
Duration, dates and costs
5 - 9 October 2020
2,500 € per participant
General conditions for seminars apply.
The participants learn how to conduct and evaluate cement kiln trials (according to VDZ code of practice VT 10) and mill trials.
Discounted Train Ticket
Participants of VDZ's training courses, workshops and seminars can book a discounted train ticket.