The cement industry provides excellent job opportunities for young engineers or scientists. Training schemes introduce these new employees to cement technology, taking their different professional backgrounds into account. This training course provides a one-week in-depth training session which covers all relevant aspects of cement technology including chemistry, mineralogy and environmental aspects. Quality control as well as cement performance in mortar and concrete will also be covered.
Crash Course for Young Engineers
- Raw material handling
- Clinker production
- Main components of the rotary kiln plant
- Raw materials and fuels
- Burnings conditions and their impact on clinker performance
- Cement production
- Raw material and cement grinding
- Common grinding systems
- Particle size distribution and product qualities
- Chemistry and mineralogy
- Clinker formation reactions and clinker phases
- Hydration of cement
- Blended cements
- Concrete technology
- Mortar and concrete characteristics
- Exposure classes of concrete
- Role of admixtures in modern concrete production
- Environmental issues
- Energy consumption
- Emissions / emission abatement
- Product quality assurance
- Quality control systems
- Cement standards
- Physical and chemical testing of cement
- Plant visit
- Classroom training:
- Morning sessions from 08:30 till 12:00
- Afternoon sessions from 13:00 till 16:30
- Group discussion and experience exchange
- Plant visit
The training course is led by experienced engineers and highly specialised researchers.
Upon successful completion of the training course the participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
- Compact knowledge with respect to all crucial aspects of cement manufacturing technology
- Fundamental knowledge regarding the chemistry and mineralogy of clinker and cement
- Familiarity with requirements on cement and cement compounds as well as cement performance in mortar and concrete
- Familiarity with the possible ways to reduce the environmental impact of cement manufacturing
(Min-max): 10 - 20
- Recently recruited young engineers
- Skilled specialists at the beginning of their professional career in the cement industry
- Newcomers in the cement industry
Nearest Airport: DUS International
How to find us
Duration, dates and costs
7 - 11 December 2020
Five-day classroom training
(6 hours per day)
2,500 € per participant
General conditions for seminars apply.
Overview of all relevant aspects of the cement manufacturing process up to the application of cement in concrete, including chemistry, mineralogy and environmental aspects. Quality control as well as cement performance in mortar and concrete will also be covered.
2,500 € per participantSign up now!
Discounted Train Ticket
Participants of VDZ's training courses, workshops and seminars can book a discounted train ticket.