Based on its more than 50 years‘ experience in foremen education, VDZ has designed this cement manufacturing course in order to meet the needs of cement plant technical personnel for advanced vocational training and the extension of professional competence. The training course covers the broad field of cement production, from quarry operation to cement grinding, focussing on fundamental as well as advanced technologies. The course will qualify participants to take responsibility for the operation of specific areas within a plant. In addition, participants will be able to take over mid-level leadership positions in a plant, advise foremen, and support the plant manager.
Cement Manufacturing Course
Module 2 (4 weeks):
- Environment and emissions abatement
- Emissions: dust, NOX, SO2
- Preliminary and secondary abatement techniques
- Operational case studies
- Hot spot on the kiln shell
- Cyclone blockage etc.
- Simulator training
- Operational tasks
- Process optimisation
- Handling disruptions and special situations
- Maintenance planning and scheduling
- Preventive maintenance
- Walk-by inspection
- Kiln inspections and alignment
- Safety at work
- Major safety rules and common errors
- Dealing with hot meal
- Refractory materials and installations
- Refractory bricks and castables
- Wear mechanisms
- Installation of refractory materials
- Instrumentation and automation
- Leadership and soft skills
- Cement plant visit
(Min-max): 10 - 20
- Young engineers
- Production personnel
The training course is led by experienced engineers, technical experts and highly specialised researchers.
Upon successful completion of the training course the participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
Training centre BFZ Essen GmbH
Karolingerstraße 93, 45141 Essen
Nearest Airport: DUS International
Duration, dates and costs
Four-week classroom training plus distance learning via VDZ Online Courses.
25 September – 20 October 2017
Registration until 25 August 2017
Price for module 2: 8,000 € p.p.
General conditions for seminars apply.
Additional services included:
- Accommodation costs
- Full board: breakfast, lunch and dinner, including weekends
- Two social events, presentation of certificate and a farewell party
- Intensive support during the entire training course
- Access to VDZ Online Courses with 36 modules