The SIMULEX® cement plant simulator for training plant supervisors, foremen, production personnel, control room operators and young engineers was developed by KHD Humboldt Wedag AG in cooperation with VDZ. For over ten years VDZ has been using the simulator within the framework of training courses and has been continually supporting the further development of the system with practical input from the industry. As a result, the simulator provides a realistic reconstruction of a production plant with a state-of-the-art supervisory control and data acquisition system (SCADA).
- Comprehensive knowledge of the plant control system in general and the main control circuits in particular
- Better understanding of how the various sub-processes in the cement plant are interconnected
- Understanding of the main control circuits in order to reach and maintain target values (e.g. energy consumption)
- Capability to react to process disturbances in a proper way and to develop a long-term control strategy
- Production personnel
- Control room operators
- Young engineers
- Heating up and operating the kiln
- Operation of the raw, cement and coal mills
- Optimising production
- Managing process disturbances and special situations
- Interactive exercises
- Scenario-based training using simulator
- Team work
- Group discussion
The training is led by highly skilled and experienced engineers.
Upon successful completion of the training course the participants will receive a certificate of attendance.