Duration, dates and costs
Two training courses in a webinar format are offered per year. Training course 2 is mainly targeted to plants operating in Europe, Africa and American countries. The daily schedule includes the time for two training lessons (TL) of 105 minutes each, time for questions, discussion and experience exchange.
Training course 2 from 25 – 28 October 2021
- Training lesson 1, 3, 5 and 7: 13:00 – 14:45 (CET)
- Short break between lessons: 30 minutes
- Training lesson 2, 4, 6 and 8: 15:15 – 17:00 (CET)
Cost: 2,000 € per participant and course
- Process and lab engineers
- Energy managers
- Quality managers
Number of participants (min. - max.)
- 8 – 15
- General conditions for seminars apply
- Comprehensive overview of using alternative fuels in cement plants (from reception and quality control to firing)
- Overview of all relevant impacts on clinker and cement quality, kiln operation, emissions and energy efficiency
- Assessment of technical feasibility and optimisation.
- Legal requirements in Europe, sampling and analysis of AF.
- TL1: Legal requirements (105 minutes)
- TL2: AF Quality: Sampling and analysis (105 minutes)
- TL3: Types of AF and impacts on the burning process (105 minutes)
- TL4: Firing AF (105 minutes)
- TL5: Optimization of AF use (105 minutes)
- TL6: Case studies (105 minutes)
- TL7 + 8: Impact on clinker and cement properties (2 x 105 minutes)
- Group discussion
- Experience exchange
The training course is led by experienced engineers and highly specialised researchers.
Upon successful completion of the training course the participants will receive a certificate of attendance.