Duration, dates and costs
Two training courses in a webinar format are offered per year. The daily schedule of the training course 1 is adressed to participants coming from cement plants operating in Europe, Africa and America. A total of a 4 hours block per day for 4 days is envisaged. The daily schedule includes the time for two training lessons (TL) of 105 minutes each, time for questions, discussion and experience exchange.
Training course 1 from 17 – 20 May 2021
- Training lesson 1, 3, 5 and 7: 9:00 – 10:45 (CET)
- Short break between lessons: 30 minutes
- Training lesson 2, 4, 6 and 8: 11:15 – 13:00 (CET)
Cost: 2,000 € per participant and course
- Process and lab engineers
- Energy managers
- Quality managers
Number of participants (min. - max.)
- 8 – 15
- General conditions for seminars apply
- Comprehensive overview of using alternative fuels in cement plants (from reception and quality control to firing)
- Overview of all relevant impacts on clinker and cement quality, kiln operation, emissions and energy efficiency
- Assessment of technical feasibility and optimisation.
- Legal requirements in Europe, sampling and analysis of AF.
- TL1: Legal requirements (105 minutes)
- TL2: AF Quality: Sampling and analysis (105 minutes)
- TL3: Types of AF and impacts on the burning process (105 minutes)
- TL4: Firing AF (105 minutes)
- TL5: Optimization of AF use (105 minutes)
- TL6: Case studies (105 minutes)
- TL7 + 8: Impact on clinker and cement properties (2 x 105 minutes)
- Group discussion
- Experience exchange
The training course is led by experienced engineers and highly specialised researchers.
Upon successful completion of the training course the participants will receive a certificate of attendance.