Monitoring & certification
Traditionally the monitoring and certification of construction products is one of the VDZ’s core areas of competence. Our body for testing, surveillance and certification was set up for this purpose. Our body for testing, surveillance and certification is accredited in accordance with EN 45011 for the sector of product certification. It is active in the legally controlled sector and recognized by the appropriate building inspectorate authorities for the following areas:
- cement and cement-type binders
- concrete additions
- concrete admixtures
- masonry and grouting mortars
- cementitious preparations
If required, cements and sometimes also masonry cements can also be certified in accordance with optional foreign regulations. The VDZ cooperates with bodies in Belgium and the Netherlands so that BENOR (Belgian) and KOMO (Netherlands) certifications can be carried out. It is also possible through cooperation of our body for testing, surveillance and certification with Danish and French bodies, to obtain DANCERT (Danish) and NF (French) certificates.
The FIZ-Zert certification body was set up for certifying management systems. It certifies:
- quality management systems in accordance with DIN EN ISO 9001
- environmental management systems in accordance with DIN EN ISO 14001
- energy management systems in accordance with DIN EN 16001 / DIN ISO 50001
- occupational health and safety management systems in accordance with OHSAS 18001
FIZ-Zert is accredited in accordance with DIN EN ISO/IEC 17021 for certifying quality, environmental and energy management systems.
FIZ-Zert also offers verification and monitoring of CO2 emissions. FIZ-Zert can award a certificate after successful completion of the certification procedure.